Presenting without PowerPoint
Storytelling skills for business
Clear, concise technical presentations
It’s much easier for our clients to buy ideas when we can make them simple. Teams that are good at delivering technical presentations have stronger client relationships and larger sales figures!
This delivering technical presentations training course is designed to give your teams (whether they are technical, digital, creative or all of the above!) the tools to explain any topic to any audience, simply.
What will you learn on the delivering technical presentations course?
Upon completing this course, attendees will understand and be able to:
- analyse the level of understanding of their audience
- prescribe what they need to know and create content to suit theneeds of their audience
- explain any topic in a visual format that they can understand in just one slide (yes, really!)
- deliver explanations and new ideas in a compelling and relevant way (through presentation language, structure and body techniques)
Delivering Technical Presentations - Course Agenda
- Warm-up and the complete history of public speaking in four minutes
Exploring existing speakers
- What makes a great technical speaker? Who does it well / poorly currently?
- What concepts / ideas / themes are particularly challenging for us when presenting?
Why are some topics trickier to present than others?
- Exploring the attributes of the most common types of tricky information to present:
- Complex data
- Complex theories
- Large amount of information
Understanding our audience
- How to analyse an audience - their needs, knowledge and interests
- How to approach an audience with mixed levels of knowledge / interest / goals
Formatting content for our audience
- How we interpret information
- How we can format information for different audience types
Increasing our effectiveness through delivery
- Discovering and practicing using your voice to make a point; pause, pitch, pace and more!
- Discovering and practicing presenting with your body; bring your message to life with appropriate movement & engagement
- Rocking that opening and close, delivering impactful first lines and finales
The 'learning by doing' bit
- Create and deliver a short presentation
- Evaluation and feedback from everyone - refine your own skills by evaluating the performances of others
Discover more about your public speaking trainer
Rich Watts is a public speaking consultant and trainer, a past winner of the UK Business Speaker of the Year, a JCI UK Public Speaking Champion and most importantly, loves helping others to develop into outstanding public speakers.
What is included as part of this course?
An initial scoping meeting to understand your requirements
Course content tailored specifically to your team
Workbooks and access to exclusive support content for all attendees
An online follow-up session after the training
A specialised training venue