The Ultimate Guide to successful Q&A sessions
Sales Presentation Skills
Developing Key Skills
This foundation presentation skills course is designed to develop strong communication skills in junior staff, graduates and those with limited public speaking experience.
What will you learn on the foundation presentation skills course?
Upon completing this foundation presentation skills course, attendees will understand and be able to:
- Write and format presentations designed to meet a specific objective - to inform, inspire or persuade
- Deliver presentations confidently, clearly and with purpose
- Produce effective Powerpoint presentation slides
- Develop strategies for managing any nerves that they may encounter when speaking.
Foundation Presentation Skills - Course Agenda
- Warm-up and the complete history of public speaking in four minutes
Our thoughts and views
- What makes a great speaker? The good, the bad and the ugly
- What makes us nervous when we speak?
Preparing to stand up and speak
- How to deal with nerves when public speaking
- What does a confident speaker look like? Becoming that confident speaker
What we say
- What is a good speech structure?
- How to define your core message
- Start on the right foot - opening a speech
- How to write that bit in the middle
- Writing for your audience - what do they want to hear?
- The final thought - closing a speech effectively
How we say it
- Voice - how to use it and why
- Your body - what does it say and what does it add to your message?
The 'learning by doing' bit
- Create and deliver a short presentation
- Evaluation and feedback from everyone
Discover more about your public speaking trainer
Rich Watts is a public speaking consultant and trainer, a past winner of the UK Business Speaker of the Year, a JCI UK Public Speaking Champion and most importantly, loves helping others to develop into outstanding public speakers.
What is included as part of this course?
An initial scoping meeting to understand your requirements
Course content tailored specifically to your team
Workbooks and access to exclusive support content for all attendees
An online follow-up session after the training
A specialised training venue