Delivering technical presentations
Avoiding death by PowerPoint
The impact of PowerPoint is fading fast and we need new and innovative ways to make our message stick and become masters at presenting without PowerPoint.
This advanced course supports trainees to identify and use alternatives to PowerPoint to convey their message. Areas covered include the use of props, single images, storytelling and sound.
What will you learn on the Presenting without PowerPoint course?
This full day session trains participants in methods of presenting and delivering engaging presentations without PowerPoint.
Through a series of learning activities we will:
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of PowerPoint
- Discover alternatives to PowerPoint and how each have been used by the greatest speakers in history
- Experiment with using different methods (that are not PowerPoint!) to bring our stories to life
- Deliver a final presentation using our preferred method to present what makes our business / team / product different in a memorable way (all filmed)
Presenting without PowerPoint - Course Agenda
- Warm-up and the complete history of public speaking in four minutes
PowerPoint and the modern speaker
- Examples of PowerPoint in use - exploring the dream and the reality
- How do we use PowerPoint within our organisation?
Alternatives to PowerPoint
- What are the alternatives to PowerPoint?
- When should we use them - how do they help us achieve our objectives?
- How do we use them?
- Short activities to practice using each technique
Putting it into practice
- Create and deliver a short presentation
- Evaluation and feedback from everyone
The 'how are we going to use our new knowledge' bit
- Discussion on how these techniques might fit into our organisation and day-to-day roles
- Setting goals for using each technique
Discover more about your public speaking trainer
Rich Watts is a public speaking consultant and trainer, a past winner of the UK Business Speaker of the Year, a JCI UK Public Speaking Champion and most importantly, loves helping others to develop into outstanding public speakers.
What is included as part of this course?
An initial scoping meeting to understand your requirements
Course content tailored specifically to your team
Workbooks and access to exclusive support content for all attendees
An online follow-up session after the training
A specialised training venue