Delivering technical presentations
Account Management Presentation Skills
Inspiring, persuading and motivating using stories
As businesspeople, inspiring and motivating relevant stakeholders to undertake a course of action is key to building long and profitable commercial relationships.
Using storytelling skills for business, to inspire clients and colleagues, helps to create a common language and is a great way to set goals for the relationship. This course covers all areas of storytelling for business; crafting stories that inspire and delivering them as part of pitches and presentations.
What will you learn?
Upon completing this course, attendees will have developed skills and understanding around:
- The role and importance of stories within presentations to them and the business.
- The different types of story, their strengths and weaknesses and how to apply them to achieve desired outcomes from your presentations.
- How to deliver a story in an engaging and compelling manner using your voice and body.
- Recognising good and bad use of storytelling in presentations delivered by others and how to give constructive feedback to help improve the storytelling skills of your peers.
Storytelling Skills for Business - Course Agenda
- Warm-up and the complete history of public speaking in four minutes
The power of stories
- What stories do we tell and use in our own lives?
- What are our stories?
- When and why are stories a powerful tool?
Storytelling for business
- Exploring how stories are used to persuade, inspire and motivate
- Discovering three key types of stories and when to use them
- Experimenting with crafting stories using the three key types
Delivering outstanding stories
- What makes a good storyteller?
- How can we use our voice, body and delivery to embellish and deliver even more effective stories?
The 'learning by doing' bit
- Create and deliver a short presentation
- Evaluation and feedback from everyone - developing our skills by positively critiquing others
Discover more about your public speaking trainer
Rich Watts is a public speaking consultant and trainer, a past winner of the UK Business Speaker of the Year, a JCI UK Public Speaking Champion and most importantly, loves helping others to develop into outstanding public speakers.
What is included as part of this course?
An initial scoping meeting to understand your requirements
Course content tailored specifically to your team
Workbooks and access to exclusive support content for all attendees
An online follow-up session after the training
A specialised training venue