Speaking for Change
Presenting without PowerPoint
Impact over the Internet
Meetings and whole conferences can now take place via video link and so business leaders need to be able to entertain, inspire, motivate and inform; online. Presenting online effectively via video requires a different set of skills to those used for traditional presentations.
What will you learn?
This full day session will teach all participants the necessary skills to present via video and provide a safe environment to practice these skills. Together we will:
- Discover the ten key skills needed to present effectively via video
- Practice all of the key skills, via video (!) with feedback from the group to improve performance
- Experience the potential mishaps that can occur when presenting via video and learn techniques to minimise their impact on our performance
Presenting Online - Course Agenda
- Warm-up and a short history of presenting via radio, television and Zoom!
Our thoughts and views
- What makes a great online speaker? The good, the bad and the ugly
Preparing to speak online
- What is different about speaking online?
- What are the opportunities and challenges presented by speaking online?
The ten key skills for presenting online
- Discovering the ten key skills
- Understanding how and why they are important
- Practicing using the skills (broken down into chunks)
- Evaluating what works well for us as individual speakers
Practising online delivery
- A session focused on delivery - using systems such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams to practice and refine our new skills
Overcoming tricky technology
- Identifying what could go wrong technology-wise
- Plans and tactics for overcoming technological traps
Mastering online systems
- Quick tips and tricks for getting more from online systems such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams
Discover more about your public speaking trainer
Rich Watts is a public speaking consultant and trainer, a past winner of the UK Business Speaker of the Year, a JCI UK Public Speaking Champion and most importantly, loves helping others to develop into outstanding public speakers.
What is included as part of this presenting online course?
An initial scoping meeting to understand your requirements
Course content tailored specifically to your team
Workbooks and access to exclusive support content for all attendees
An online follow-up session after the training
A specialised training venue